Camper Village Information
2016 Golf Cart / ATV Permit Registration Form (PDF)
Attention Campers! You are invited to stay right on the grounds during the Oktoberfest Race Weekend in the popular Oktoberfest Race Weekend Camper Village! All of the camping inside the fairgrounds fence is reserved registered camping. There is a waiting list and if you would like to wait for a registered reserved space, please contact the office at email@example.com or call 608-786-1525. PLEASE NOTE: There also are reserved sections outside the fence, (1) along the fence line on the east side of the grounds, (2) along Cty Rd M along the east parking lot and (3) Between Pischke Motors and Auto Value Parts, (4) on the North end of the unreserved lot near the pit entrance, and (5) The Row along the Gravel access road to the pit entrance. The west lot near the empty Ford dealership is for the most part, open, “rough camping,” and Free to camp in.
The West Salem Youth Hockey Association again will be helping organize the camping areas and assist campers in finding a space to park. Any donations are appreciated by them and a portion of the reserved camping proceeds help them purchase equipment.
All camping areas open Monday October 3rd at Noon (Camping units are absolutely NOT permitted on the grounds until then) and all must be removed from the grounds by Tuesday October 11th at 9:00 am. We hope you enjoy your stay and thank you for being a part of the Oktoberfest Race Weekend!
CAMPING RULES & REGULATIONS
• PARKING: One Camper per designated reserved camping stall. All removal are provided.
• RESERVED: Reserved Camping areas are inside the fence, on the north end of the west lot outside the fence, and along both edges of the east gravel parking lot.
• UNRESERVED: All Other areas are on a first-come, first-parked basis. Do not “rope” off more space than you need. Officials reserve the right to remove any ropes or tape put up around empty spaces at any time. Campground roads and boundaries will be marked with paint. Please stay within the confines of the area near your unit. You may only save space for one other camping unit outside the reserved area – until 6pm Thursday. Unreserved campers MUST all park pointed in an east-west direction, per fire marshall and LaCrosse County Camping Permit.
• Please limit driving vehicles inside the campground to one per space. The camping area is not a parking lot.
• QUIET HOURS: Campground quiet hours will be enforced – 1:00 am to 6:00 a.m., as a courtesy to everyone. Please limit generator noise & use during quiet hours. NO Loud music, etc during quiet hours. Security has the authority to ask any person or groups of individuals who are abusing the quiet hour policy to leave. Permission is also granted to remove any pit or grandstand wristband because of violator’s conduct.
• NO CAMPING AREAS: No Camping allowed within the center of the East spectator parking lot (Gravel lot off Cty. Rd M). That area is reserved for CAR PARKING. Both sides of the lot – east and west are reserved camping. Also Camping is not permitted in designated HAULER PARKING LOTS unless approved by camping or speedway officials.
• SPEED LIMIT: through all the grounds is 5 MPH. We have lots of people, including children.. Let’s make it safe for everyone.
• TRESPASSING: Please stay out of the buildings, barns, etc. Violators will be considered Trespassers and are subject to law enforcement actions.
• ELECTRIC PANELS: Anyone caught tampering with or opening up electric panels may be subject to a trespassing fine and loss of camping privledges.
• PETS: Pets are allowed but must be on a leash at all times (State Health Dept. Regulations). Pets may not be left unattended. Clean up pet waste. Pets are NOT allowed in the grandstands or the pit areas.
• CAMPFIRES: Contain all fires in (limited) supplied fire rings (or bring your own). All fires must be attended at all times. Absolutely No Bonfires. Do not burn tires, furniture, pallets, or anything with nails. Use Supplied (limited supply) free Naturally Organic Grown Firewood. Please do not destroy buildings, fences, etc.. (Take only what you will need from the FREE supplied wood.)
• GARBAGE: Please throw bagged refuse into dumpsters.
• GLASS CONTAINERS: Please dispose of in a trash barrel for everyone’s safety.
• GOLF CARTS & ATV’S: Permits are REQUIRED for golf carts & ATV’s, etc. No use after 11pm. Must have lights between 6-11pm. MUST HAVE PERMIT. Get permit application at oktoberfestraceweekend.com or at Speedway office.
• NO FIREWORKS! Violators will be removed and lose any reserved camping privileges in the future.
• RV HOLDING TANKS: Holding tanks may be emptied at the Veterans Memorial Park (for a fee), 1/4 mile away, but NOT At the Fairgrounds.
• No Flag poles over 20’ tall. Poles must be wood or PVC. No Metal or aluminum poles.
• REMEMBER, Please be considerate to other campers. And most importantly…. Let’s all have FUN!