The La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway is located on the LaCrosse Interstate Fairgrounds. The Fairground is located at the intersection of Hwy 16 and County Road M, next to the town of West Salem, Wisconsin.
FROM INTERSTATE 90 WESTBOUND:
Take exit 12 (West Salem). Go south to three way intersection, turn right (west) on County Rd. C. Go 1.3 miles, turn right (north) at three way intersection onto Cty. Hwy. M. The speedway is about 1 mile ahead, on the left, just past the stoplight.
FROM INTERSTATE 90 EASTBOUND:
Take exit 5 (Onalaska). Turn left (east) on Hwy. 16, and drive 4.5 miles to West Salem. At stoplight, turn left, go 1/4 mile, and the Fairgrounds is on your left.
FROM THE SOUTH OR NORTH:
Take the safest route to Interstate 90 or Hwy. 16 and follow the directions above.
LA CROSSE FAIRGROUNDS SPEEDWAY:
Is located at the La Crosse Interstate Fairgrounds in West Salem, WI. The fairgrounds is located at the intersection of Hwy. 16 and County Road M, 5 miles east of Onalaska.
- Large Track – 5/8 Mile
- Small Track – 1/4 Mile
- Large Track – 1963/lap time
- Small Track – 800/lap time
- Large Track – Six inch highway grade asphalt over five inch base ground from original pavement. First paved in July 1970, repaved in 1994.
- Small Track – Six inch asphalt over three inch base.
Width of track:
- All straights 50 foot wide.
- Large track – 60 foot wide turns
- Small track – (turn 2 & 3) 50 foot, (turn 3 & 4) 75 foot wide.
Degree of Banking:
- Large Track – 4 degree straights, 4,6 & 9 degrees in turns
- Small Track – Various degrees of banking
- Large Track – Steel reinforced concrete wall, 3.5 feet high. 90 degrees to racing surface.
- Small Track – Movable, steel reinforced cement highway barriers secured with steel cable.
- 35 Acres
Types of Racing:
- NASCAR Weekly Series Late Models.
- Hobby Stocks
- Street Stocks
- Mini Vans
- Began operation as a dirt track in 1957, converted to asphalt track in 1970.